Women of TBC Summer Book Club
After a fall and spring semester of inductive Bible study, the summer is a good time to rest and reflect. For me it’s the perfect time to read more leisurely. Last year, I read this book and was deeply moved by this unique depiction of Jesus and challenged to follow him in a new way. Would you prayerfully consider reading this book with some women of TBC this summer?
The publishers summary is as follows: Christians know what Jesus Christ has done—but who is he? What is his deepest heart for his people, weary and faltering on their journey toward heaven? Jesus said he is “gentle and lowly in heart.” In Gentle and Lowly, Dane Ortlund reflects on these words, opening up a neglected yet central truth about who Jesus is for sinners and sufferers today.
Here’s what to do:
- Order the book on Amazon or Christianbook.
- Download and print this free PDF study guide.
- Read Introduction and Chapter One. Look over discussion questions and journal answers. (For each subsequent week, read 2 chapters and journal.)
- Find several people to talk with in person or virtually each week to discuss your answers!
- Request to join our private Facebook group where I’ll share encouragement and a live video summary on Thursday of each week.
- Happy Reading!