God’s Astounding Providence
Bible Text: Genesis 24 | Speaker: Tim Cartwright | Series: Abraham | #20 in the series Abraham: Father of the Faithful.
1. The c___________________ between Abraham and his servant (v 1-9)
Abraham obeyed God and rejected the idol-worshipping Canaanites.
Abraham’s relationship with his servant mirrors what God has done for him.
2. The c___________________ of the servant proves solid (v 10-15)
“Nothing is more characteristic of biblical man than a profound and pervasive conviction about the role of divine Providence in everyday human affairs.” – Nahum Sarna
3. The servant c___________________ with Rebekah (v 16-28)
Camels would normally drink 25 gallons. The typical jar would hold about 3 gallons of water. Requiring 80-100 trips down the well and back for Rebekah!
4. The servant c_____________________________ with the family (v 29-49)
The servant tells the full story and gives glory to the Lord 5 times!
5. Father, mother, brother and Rebekah c_____________ to an agreement (v 50-60)
Laban and Bethuel clearly observed that this was a man of God on a mission from God.
6. The story c__________________ in a beautiful, God-ordained marriage. (v 61-67)
Entering Sarah’s tent, Rebekah replaced her as the matriarch.
“And he loved her” is the first reference to marital love in the Bible.
“PROVIDENCE” – God’s gracious outworking of His purpose in Christ in his dealings with man.
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.”