Bible Text: Various Passages | Speaker: Tim Cartwright | Series: Disconnected | #10 from the series Disconnected
When we become disconnected from surrender, community and mission, we often find ourselves trying to “fix the issue” in our own power and through our own ingenuity. What we often discount is the amazing power of God’s Word.
1. Disconnected from … ______ reality.
2. Disconnected from … _______ .
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. – Philippians 4:11
3. Disconnected from … ______ Priorities
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. – 3 John 4
4. Disconnected from … True ______.
A Connected Parent…
1. Does not give unfiltered/unmonitored smart phone/tablet access.
2. Prays daily for children.
3. Resists expectations from the world.
4. Gives grace, grace and more grace.
5. Does not make children idols.
6. Is always learning from those who have gone before.
Parent Resource List:
Center for Parent/Youth Understanding – www.cpyu.org
Bible Project videos – www.youtube.com/user/jointhebibleproject
Covenant Eyes – www.covenanteyes.com
The Gospel Coalition – www.thegospelcoalition.org
Youversion Bible App
Jesus Storybook Bible
Parenting by Paul Tripp
Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel
Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp