OUR RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING GOD
#4 in A New Chapter
J.I. Packer in the book Knowing God asks:
“How may we form a right idea of God’s greatness?”
Here are two answers…
- __________ from our thoughts of God limits that would make Him small.
- __________ Him with power and forces which we regard as great.
4 Characteristics of God
- God’s _____________ (V 1-6) Omniscient
- God’s _____________ (V 7-12) Omnipresent
- God’s __________________ ( V 13-16)
- God’s __________________ (V 17,18)
What do we do with David’s request for the utter annihilation of the wicked in V 19-24?
When we read the Psalms, it’s important for us to understand that just because a request is made it does not necessarily reflect what God desires or will actually do. This is a request from a sin-filled human who is expressing, rather bluntly, what he thinks should happen.
David understands that his ___________ and ___________ are flawed (v 23,24).