WORSHIPING AND WEEPING
#13 in Rebuilding: A Study in Ezra & Nehemiah
Luke 19:28-31, Zechariah 9:1-10, Luke 19:32-36, 37-38
Where we are ____________________ to honor a king we will honor millionaires, athletes, film stars instead, even gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served. Deny it food and it will gobble poison. — C.S. Lewis
Moralistic Therapeutic Deism
- A creator God exists who _______________ the world and watches over human life.
- God wants people to be good, nice, and fair as taught by most world religions.
- The central goal of life is to be ________________ and feel good about oneself.
- God does not need to be involved in one’s life except when there’s a problem.
- Good people go to ________________ when they die.
Luke 19:39-40, 41-44
“There’s a _____________ to follow Jesus but there’s a greater ____________ to NOT follow him.” — David Platt